Increasing IVF Success with Acupuncture: An Integrated Approach
This practical book provides need-to-know information vital for acupuncturists to treat patients with fertility problems.
Nick Dalton-Brewer details the causes of fertility issues, including the impact of lifestyle and diet, and explains the scientific basis for the different methods of treatment. Integrating Assisted Reproduction Techniques (ART) with Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) therapies and acupuncture, he presents his own cutting-edge research on the successful use of these therapies to improve fertility and pregnancy rates and describes a method for integrated diagnosis and treatment.
This book will give TCM practitioners direct access to the vital specialist knowledge and technical information needed to treat the increasing numbers of patients with fertility problems effectively. It will also be of interest to doctors of Western medicine concerned about the efficacy of recommending acupuncture treatments as adjuncts to ART.
'Acupuncture support during IVF treatment is rapidly becoming accepted practice. Several good quality research studies have demonstrated the benefit with increased implantation rates. Nick Dalton-Brewer has for the first time brought together in one well-organised and well-referenced book the practice, the research and the physiological science behind this exciting natural enhancement to IVF. This book is a "must read" for all acupuncturists involved in IVF treatments and all conventional medicine IVF doctors alike.'
- Dr Trevor Wing, clinician at The Women’s Natural Health Practice, researcher and lecturer in female health
'Nick Dalton-Brewer boldly seeks to reconcile recent developments in molecular medicine with traditional acupuncture theory. The integrated approach to IVF treatment described in this book is original and well thought out, a multidisciplinary approach which I believe should be encouraged. Students and practitioners of both disciplines will find this book a useful foundation for a rapidly evolving medical discipline.'
- Dr David Gillott, Senior Lecturer in Biomedical Sciences at St George’s Medical School, London
'IVF is a bewildering, complex process. It places extreme intellectual and emotional demands on its patients. This clearly written and comprehensive book demystifies the process without losing necessary detail. Its explanations of natural treatment, scientific research and theory, and guidance for self-help are essential for couples going through IVF and wanting to enhance their chances of a successful outcome.'
- George Cooper, IVF acupuncturist and author of 'Be Your Own Nutritionist'
'After treatment from Nick Dalton-Brewer with herbs and acupuncture, I had a joyous success on my second cycle of IVF. I now have a bouncing, beautiful daughter. Nick's expertise and sensitivity as a practitioner helped the whole stressful process of IVF, and he took into account both the emotional and physical aspects of my subfertility. This book condenses Nick's many years' experience of TCM into a very readable format which will inform clinicians as well as those seeking help having a baby.'
- Suzy Robinson, happy mother, London
1. Acupuncture: an Introduction.
2. Natural Fertility.
3. Understanding IVF part 1. 4. Understanding IVF part 2.
5. Western Conventional Medicine: Causes, Diagnoses and Tests.
6. Lifestyle part 1: The stress epidemic and stress hormones.
7. Lifestyle part 2: excitement, excitement hormones and reactive species. 8. Take back control part 1.
9. Take back control part 2: Fertility antioxidants, endocrine disrupting compounds, epigenetics.
10. Evidence: placebo, evidence, narrative.
11. Acupuncture in ART.
12. A Return to Diet.
|Publication Date||Oct 1, 2014|
|Number of Pages||192|
* Orders shipped outside of Europe are eligible for VAT relief and will not be charged VAT.