Paul Blacker brings his wealth of experience as an acupuncturist, first aid instructor and health educator to outline essential information in the safe practice of AOM. Using case studies and best practice guidelines, he talks about establishing professional boundaries and situations to be aware of where these may be challenged. Health beliefs (cultural bias and personal bias) are discussed and how to maintain a neutral position within the clinic. He outlines informed consent and the importance of documenting consent and any changes to treatment processes. The need to establish a feedback and complaints system is essential. And Paul shares his strategies for self care, to avoid practitioner burn out and maintain a healthy practice.
Goals of the course:
1) Establishing professional boundaries
2) Knowing about different health beliefs - cultural bias, personal bias
3) Informed consent
4) Establishing feedback and complaints systems
5) The importance of self care and strategies you might use
This course is priced in GBP and has been converted to dollars using an exchange rate of 1.3. Please bear in mind this price could slightly vary depending on the current exchange rate.
Access Period: Lifetime
Provider: JCM On Demand
|External Website Url||https://www.jcm-ondemand.com/professional-issues|
* Orders shipped outside of Europe are eligible for VAT relief and will not be charged VAT.