Treating Sport Injuries With Acupuncture
Paul Blacker, a qualified acupuncturist and first aid instructor showcases how to treat acute sports injuries, post first aid RICE management. This presentation includes how to treat sprains and strains and bruising - concentrating on areas such as the knees and shoulders. He presents using acupuncture for shin splints and tight muscles and he then goes in to detail about how to apply acupuncture for the treatment of chronic injuries using an integrative approach including electro-acupuncture. Knowing when to use heat and when to apply cold is often controversial, and Paul outlines his approach central to understanding sports injury management. Two conflicting theories: "Rest is best" versus "motion is lotion" are also addressed.
Goals of the course:
* Understand how to treat sprains and strains and bruising
* Understand how to treat complex areas such as the knees and shoulders
* Using acupuncture for shin splints and tight muscles
* How to apply acupuncture for the treatment of chronic injuries
* When to use heat and when to use cold
* When to rest and when to encourage movement
This course is priced in GBP and has been converted to dollars using an exchange rate of 1.3. Please bear in mind this price could slightly vary depending on the current exchange rate.
Access Period: Lifetime
Provider: JCM On Demand
|External Website Url||https://www.jcm-ondemand.com/treating-sports-injuries-with-acupuncture|
* Orders shipped outside of Europe are eligible for VAT relief and will not be charged VAT.